9.11.08

People to People?

So I went to this meeting, People to People Ambassador Program. I was "selected" to go to Australia this Summer. Anyways, I went to find out more information, and I was possibly the oldest student there. Everyone else was like 14. I talked with some of the instructors that would attend the trip with us, and they WOULD NOT look me in the eye. They loathed me. It was crazy. Not to mention the lack of maturity from the other students. The spokesperson kept saying how we the "children" would personally grow, so that when we came home, we would do our chores. I'm sorry, what?! People you should have grown to do that a WHILE ago! So needless to say, I will not attend the People to People program.


Instead, I am very excited to learn more about the L'Abri Institute in Switzerland, where Francis Schaeffer started this awesome program!! Go to YouTube and look up "L'Abri" pretty great videos, it looks like a ton of fun, and not to mention think about the personal SPIRITUAL growth! My friend Fallon went, and she absolutely loved it. We shall see how that goes; L'Abri sounds like a great adventure!


Last night we had an impromptu cast party thing at Chili's, and Jonathan had his car vandalized, but by who!?!? ;]


This is the end.
Chelsey

1 comment:

  1. DO NOT GO ON THAT TRIP.

    I went to Europe, and while Europe is amazing (I swear to god, I could have stayed every place we visited for the rest of my life and not thought twice) the atmosphere of the staff and the students are horrid. I hated it.

    Switzerland sounds amazing, though. please send pictures and trinkets to me if you go.

    -madison

    ReplyDelete